Frequently Asked Questions
BitTorrent Control is a seamless discover and download experience baked into your browser, while your BitTorrent client takes care of your downloads behind the scenes. Control allows you to search the web, easily manage multiple clients from any computer, and much more. And, BitTorrent Control is sponsored by our search partners and supports our ongoing innovation.
For initial set up, make sure BitTorrent Control and the BitTorrent Client are installed and running on the same computer.
In BitTorrent Control, select the BitTorrent menu in the toolbar and click “Allow” to allow BitTorrent Control to access your BitTorrent client.
Find the torrent you want to download. Right-click on the link to the torrent and select “Copy link location.” Click the plus (+) symbol in the BitTorrent Control toolbar, paste the URL in the Add Torrent box, and click “Add.”
The torrent will be loaded into the BitTorrent client that is currently connected to BitTorrent Control.
- The BitTorrent client is installed on a computer at your home.
- You have BitTorrent Control installed on a second computer at a friend’s place (you log in with the correct computer name and password).
- When you add a torrent in BitTorrent Control, your client at home will begin downloading that torrent.
In BitTorrent Control, select the BitTorrent menu in the toolbar and click the X next to the computer you want to disconnect from BitTorrent Control.
BitTorrent 7.5.1 and above
- Make sure your BitTorrent Client is currently running.
- Do you have the correct version of the BitTorrent Client?
- Do you have the correct computer name and password(if applicable)?
- Internet Explorer 8 and above
- Firefox 3 and above
From Windows 7
Select Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > select BitTorrentControl > click Uninstall
Select Firefox menu > select Add-ons > select Extensions > click Remove for BitTorrentControl
From the Chrome settings menu, select “Settings” then click on “Extensions.” Click the trash icon to the right of the BitTorrentControl extension.