Frequently Asked Questions
Find in-depth information about the Wallet release here.
2. You can share your content by creating your own torrent link and sharing it with friends or via social media. To make the torrent file, click on File > Create torrent in μTorrent. A more detailed guideline can be found here.
2. You start seeding immediately if you create and share your own torrent file. A more detailed guideline to creating torrents is here.
Note that it is not our clients themselves that are flagged under either category, but occasionally our partner install offers that are flagged in this “potentially unwanted program” category.
Please note that absolutely nothing is installed on your system without your consent during the installation. We suggest
- rejecting any partner offers you don’t want installed on uTorrent
- adding an exception or temporarily disabling the antivirus software until you have completed your installation
There is an option to turn it off: go to Options ⟩ Preferences ⟩ Bittorrent ⟩ Uncheck Enable Protocol enhancements ⟩ Apply
There are only ways for users to get BTT tokens:
- Earn for seeding
- Buy on any decentralized exchange service and transfer to BitTorrent Wallet.
The only way to get access to BitTorrent Speed again is to install it from scratch. This is going to be a new wallet, so all the assets will be reset to their initial state. If you want to take this path, please uninstall uTorrent, then get to %AppData% → Roaming → uTorrent and delete all files that are left. Then, do the same with the helper folder.
- Complete all downloads
- Uninstall uTorrent
- Open File Explorer and type in %AppData%\Roaming\
- Delete uTorrent folder
- Go to %AppData%\Local\ and delete BitTorrent Helper folder
- Install uTorrent Client from scratch
Feel free to use the contact form on the website if your problem was not solved by the information above.
You are strongly advised to protect your device with adequate security measures at all times. Such measures include an access password, PIN, and biometric verification when logging in (among others).
Here are a few simple tips for your wallet protection:
- Be careful about where you go online when you’re using a device that has a wallet on it. Dangerous websites and risky Wi-Fi networks put your wallet at risk. At the same time, do not leave your device unattended or lend it to anyone.
- Phishing scams through ads and through email are rampant in the crypto world. Phishing scams are becoming more and more elaborate, so make sure email received from wallet companies have their domain spelled correctly and never look for their web address clicking on ads. Once you send a phishing website your private key, you can say goodbye to your funds.
- It’s important to double check the address to which you send any payment transaction. There are malicious programs that can edit a “copy and paste” procedure in order to paste a different address, and that new address belongs to an attacker. It’s usually best to send a micro payment as a verification and then send the larger payment to the verified address.