We are pleased to announce that users in the U.S. can now purchase BTT directly from Kraken, one of the world’s oldest and largest digital exchanges. BTT enables you to speed up downloads by automatically bidding tokens to other users to help drive faster download speeds and a healthier BitTorrent protocol overall. Supporting minimum orders of 5,000,000 BTT, Kraken allows you to purchase BTT in US Dollars or EURO to increase the BTT balance in any TRON wallet (TRC20 version), including BitTorrent Speed.
There are a few ways to leverage your BTT within BitTorrent Speed to drive faster download speeds:
- Create a TRON wallet inside BitTorrent Speed. After creating a wallet inside BitTorrent Speed, simply send the BTT to your BitTorrent Speed wallet address. Once the transfer is complete, you can leverage your ‘On-Chain’ BTT within BitTorrent Speed by merely sending BTT with a click of a button. Using BTT In-App will allow your BitTorrent/µTorrent Classic or Web client to bid BTT to other users to help drive faster downloads.
- Import an existing TRON wallet into BitTorrent Speed. If you haven’t yet created a wallet in BitTorrent Speed, you will see the option to import an existing TRON wallet into your BitTorrent/µTorrent Classic or Web client. Follow the steps to import your TRON wallet, and the BTT balance you have in your existing wallet will now be visible in BitTorrent Speed. From there, simply transfer the BTT from your ‘On-Chain’ balance to your BitTorrent Speed balance to begin driving faster download speeds. If you already have a wallet set up inside BitTorrent Speed but would like to import a new wallet to replace it, please send an email to email@example.com so we can help you.
Restrictions on purchasing BTT apply based on jurisdiction and applicable law. Please visit Kraken’s Verification Level Requirements for information regarding opening an account, as well as the Supported Areas and restrictions for purchasing BTT based on your verified residency.
Here’s how to purchase BTT on Kraken:
- Go to the Kraken website and open an account. First, enter a valid email address, create a new username and choose a unique, strong password.
- Verify your account. You will need to provide supporting documents to verify your identity. You can read about Kraken’s verification processes here.
- Fund your account. You can do this in a number of ways. How you do so will depend upon your location and preferences.
Users interested in opening an account with Kraken can do so here. For questions related to purchasing BTT on Kraken’s exchange, please visit Kraken customer support.
Kraken is an independent third party platform. BTT is a utility token issued by BitTorrent Foundation Limited, Singapore. Users are encouraged to conduct independent research regarding third-party services. Rainberry, Inc. makes no warranties regarding the specific procedures of an independent platform. All transactions initiated on a third party platform are subject to and governed solely by the Terms and Conditions of the respective platform.